Content Marketing Tips on Social Media for Small Businesses
Content marketing on social media is important for all type of businesses and small businesses are no different. You love it or hate it, but you cannot rule out the effectiveness of social media. Traditionally small businesses have been avoiding content marketing on social media owing to financial constraints and low understanding of the outcomes. However, now the small businesses are ready to take the plunge.
Following are few tips that can help you plan content marketing for your small business on social media
- Make a Plan: – One thumb rule of content marketing on social media is consistency. You need to post the content regularly and for this you need to lay out the plan about the topics. Experts suggest that planning and strategising the content for a specific period is more effective and results oriented as compared to random content marketing.
- Don’t ignore Analytics:- You might have shunned from stats and mathematics all your life, but you can’t ignore it while marketing content on social media.Before finalising your content plan, you ought to know the content that works! Google Analytics and Web Master Tools could help you with that. You can also opt for “ADD This” services in order to analyse the social media performances, it helps in knowing the number of shares and other relevant tracking information. You can also review your own content that attracted maximum clicks.
- Learn about trending content on social media:- Keep a track of trending content on social media like Twitter and Facebook. They are very easy to track and could assist in getting your small business a really good visibility. How? Check all the trending topics and see which one is relevant for your business and you can establish a relation with your business in your content.
- Survey: – Surveys are not thing of the past and there are much smarter ways to conduct them these days. With Google Consumer Surveys, you can create surveys and observe the trends and visitor’s choice. This not only helps you know more about their choices but also provide you data for your content.
- Content Creation: – While you can create content through your creative team, another option is that you can share the links of original content that you like and think that your visitors/users must know about. This may not help you directly, but will definitely position your business as a trust worthy and important source of information.
- Share Content: – Last but not the least, there should not be any reluctance in sharing your content on social media profiles by you and your consumers, both. Go all out and share it all on your social media profiles.